Interview with Beckett at the end of our trip (age 7)
Q: First question Beckett, do you like living/being in Thailand?
Beckett: Yes. Well it’s been very different and interesting but I’ve been happy to experience Thailand.
Q: What do you like most about Thailand?
Beckett: Ziplining. Cause that was really cool.
Q: What do you think about the food here?
Beckett: Good. My favorite food was when we made that soup at Sammy’s Thai Cooking School. I like smoothies, rotis, banana pancakes… My favorite smoothie was strawberry and watermelon was my 2nd favorite and mango was my 3rd favorite.
Q: What have been your favorite experiences?
- Going to homeschool co-op.
- Patara Elephant farm. We got to take care of elephants for the day and stuff.
- Tiger Kingdom. Lying with tigers was really fun too.
- Feeding the pigeons was really fun cause we got to feed the pigeons and they’d follow us around.
- Feeding the birds at Night Safari.
- Food-go-round. That’s a good one. That’s fun because the food goes around and around and you get to pick off the food that you want when it goes around. The food is yummy.
- Riding tuk tuks.
- I loved the Chiang Mai FC games.
- Seeing the lion at Tiger Kingdom. It roared really loud.
Q: Any experiences you didn’t like?
- Khantoke dinner. I didn’t get to choose the food that I wanted and there wasn’t anything I wanted.
- The spiders at the insect museum like the tarantulas. They were really creepy.
- That mommy got the rash from the paederus bug.
Q: What will you miss the most?
- My friends Chelsea, Alex, Titus, and the rest of the kids.
- The elephant camp
- Tuk tuks and songtaews
- I will miss the street markets, definitely.
Q: Last question, what have you missed the most from the US?
- Ice skating
- Snow and making snowmen and doing snowball fights
- Making gingerbread houses and gingerbread cookies